Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Apple - Evil?

There seems to be a lot of conspiracy theories out there. One such is this one.

Apple: An Evil Empire in the making?
Picture a tall man in a black flowing cape, wearing a black plastic helmet and carrying a futuristic weapon(a light saber) and you are picturing the CEO of Apple, Steve Jobbs. That is if you agree with the author, Tom Kaneshige. He believes that Apple may be purposely thumbing their nose at Adobe. As he wrote:

Three years ago, Apple launched the iconic iPhone whose mobile Safari did not support Adobe Flash. Nor does the present-day iPad. At first, Apple said it was because Flash was poorly written and drained precious battery life. Jobs even went so far as calling Adobe developers lazy.

The write-up seems to reinforce a bit of what I said in my last post about having to choose sides between the biggies of industry.

It seems there will always be those that will look for an underlying conspiracy.

2 comments:

  1. I remember not to long ago when Microsoft was the evil empire and Apple were the heros in the market. But just watch as Mac grows in market power how the shine will wear off the apple and the two companies will be seen as an Axis of Evil. I love my MacBook Pro. Its the best laptop/notebook I've ever owned. But I still use a PC at the office, and it will take a lot to get me to give up my Blackberry. Software vendors are corporations, not football teams. So forget the club loyalty and lets keep these companies competitive. Only then will consumers continue to benefit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good comment Ozchazan! I agree whole heartedly. The only way to keep these corporations honest is to keep them competitive.
    Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete