Thursday, April 8, 2010

Microsoft vs Apple - Do I Really have to Choose a Side?

With the advent of the Ipod coming into my life, I have become more personally aware of the clash between Microsoft and Apple.

Pretty much everything in my life, prior to my owning an Ipod, has had to do with a Microsoft product. All the computers I have used in my adult life (none of which I have purchased or maintained) have had Microsoft's operating system and Office Package installed. They have also used Microsoft's browser, Internet Explorer. I never payed much attention to Apple's product line since it was never a player in my life.

Therefore, I never took part in any (heated) discussion dealing with the pros and cons of each company's products. That is until recently. As a relatively new and pleased Ipod owner, I've been drawn into several interesting conversations.

The most common thread that runs throughout these conversations is:

Which company's products do you prefer better?

Why do I have to choose one entire company's productline over another? Can't I pick and choose? Why are certain people so proud of the fact that they are company loyalists?

Just because I love my Ipod and can definitely see myself with an Iphone and an Ipad in the future, am I now obligated to ditch my home pc and go out and buy a Mac?

No comments:

Post a Comment