Thursday, March 4, 2010

US to Reveal Rules on Internet Security

According to the following article, US to Reveal Rules on Internet Security, on Tuesday the Obama administration planned to declassify portions of the Comprehensive National Cybersecurity Initiative, created during the Bush administration as a secret effort to harness the nation’s defensive and offensive strategies for protecting commercial and government networks.

I am a bit behind on my news, so it should be interesting to see just how much information IS declassified. I'll be happy to read about how the government "has a clear and workable strategy for protecting the nation’s computer systems". I hope I'll walk away feeling comforted and not scared by what I read seeing as how I wasn't sure how to take the following statement from Howard A. Schmidt, the industry cybersecurity veteran who was appointed in December as the White House Internet security adviser.

“I don’t think there will be any surprises,” he said. “Much of what has been going on has been what people would expect us to be doing.”

Has anyone had a chance to read the declassified information yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment