Monday, February 8, 2010

Hubby's Suggestion - Cloud Computing

I guess my husband has heard me bitch enough about the topic of my previous post because this weekend he said I should look into cloud computing.

I don't know about you but I've never heard that term before and didn't know what the heck he was talking about. Even after he explained, I'm still not sure I understand exactly what it is. I've googled the term and read a bit about it and the best way for me to describe it is to say: It is the answer to my problems!

Basically, cloud means internet and cloud computing means I can do everything I would normally do on my home computer on a "web computer". The benefit being that I have everything saved on the web and therefore access to all my files from ANY computer.

I've opened accounts with 2 different companies on the web and plan to give them a go. I'll let you know how it goes.

Anyone already given this a go themselves?

No comments:

Post a Comment