Monday, February 8, 2010

Insight-The more things change, the more they remain the same

Ok, now that I'm a student again, I find that things have changed. When I use the computer labs at the local university, I no longer take a floppy disk with me but a memory stick.

YET, I still seem to have the same problem. I never seem to have the latest version of my files on the memory stick. It's really hard to remember to save my latest changes not only on my hard drive but also on my memory stick. (Of course I save my files constantly while in the middle of working on them. If you've ever lost information due to hopping around in many programs and windows simultaneously, you'll understand my point)

I've tried to solve this problem by emailing my files to myself so that when I'm at the computer lab or at home, my files are available to me. Well, I realize this is completely crazy thinking but when desperate, I try to improvise.

I always feel like I'm in the wrong place at the wrong time. Whenever I'm in the computer lab, I'm wishing I was home and vice versa since I never seem to have what I need when I want it.

What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment